You know I have been thinking a lot recently about how money is not that great.
Really, its own purpose is to be spent in the end……
It is not fulfilling and it never will be. It is not suppose to be.
It is an earthly thing and it is helpful. Of course it is necessary, but it is not worth focusing our life and lifestyle around.
What does the Bible say:
1. Proverbs 13:22 “A good man leaves an inheritance to his childrens’ children”
2. Proverbs 21:20 “In the house of the wise are stores of choice food and oil, but a foolish man devours all he has.”
3. Proverbs 22:7 states that “The rich rule over the poor, And the borrower is servant to the lender.”
4. Luke 14:28 “For which of you, intending to build a tower, does not sit down first and count the cost, whether he has enough to finish it.”
5. Matt. 6:24 “You cannot serve both God and money”.
God wants us to be responsible with our money. We need to save money. He does not want us in debt. And it is also important to point out that money should not and cannot take the place of God in our lives.