An interesting, note-worthy post from Michael Patton and His Parchment and Pen Blog at
Reclaiming the Mind Ministries.
Usually I find this blog to be very incitefull theologically and a great resource. Recently Michael posted an odd post. It is interesting, and some of the “pick-up lines” are just REALLY terrible and NOT worth your time, but here are a few that did make me chuckle:
18. “Paul said that it was better to marry than to burn. Therefore, I am under God’s mandate to marry you.”
17. “Here, let me take care of those tithes.”
14. “Your name must be grace, because you are irresistible.”
6.“God may be the bread of life, but you are the butter.”
Kudos and Props again to Reclaiming The Mind Ministries and their Parchment and Pen Theology Blog. This website and blog has continually provided solid material and great theology training. Today’s blog. I am going to explain this chart above in my own words but first I want to send you to a free video from RTM Ministries website that helps explain this chart (Introduction to Theology workbook PDF File).
“…the process of how we go about “doing”theology… learning this process was the most valuable thing in all of seminary” says Reclaiming the Mind President Michael Patton.
I love this chart!
Reclaiming the Mind Ministries has an awesome resource online:
They call it “263 Theology Questions and Answers on Videos.”
This part of the ministry is basically free online theology classes. It comes with a free PDFs (like this one) file and powerpoints (like this one) and other vocabulary quiz/activities (like this one) that you can follow along with. I try to go to this website once a week and watch two or three videos. It is great! I am learning a lot of stuff here and thought you might like it too.
Reclaiming the mind also has several other cool ministries:
1. Conversing with Scholars – live chat/audio conferences with top scholars/theologians
2. Parchment and Pen blog – this blog has a lot of great deep stuff, I get articles from them a lot
3. Online Theology Classes (that you pay for) for certification and credit
4. Theological papers and article archive
I encourage you to check out Reclaiming the Mind