With high school class sizes getting bigger and bigger every year, the future of College football is looking pretty awesome!
Year after Year we have seen the largest classes of high schools to graduate nation wide. Every year more and more students are completing High school than ever.
Not only are more students graduating high school, but more and more students are entering college. This means that the pool of talent and the level of competitiveness among college football students is higher than ever.
Ultimately, this means more fun for us fans!
Being a youth ministry oriented blog, I do want to issue a warning for parent alumni – kid relations.
1. Do not force your children to go to the same school as you
2. Do not put significance in your childrens’ ability to play football and/or talent
Tiger is a killer….
Tiger Woods plays 91 holes and now he is OUT for the rest of the season again!
He went agianst what the doctor told him and played…I mean WON the U.S. Open in extra holes.
That man is ridiculous! He was not his full self. He was hurt, he was slow, he had to use every once of his strenght to get through the rounds, yet he still was competitive, yet he still won.
Talk about mentally tough!
So as many of you know I had my graduation commencment ceremony and party this weekend. All of that was great and a huge blessing to see family and friends and be honored with a degree.
Now I am even more recently excited (with adrenaline) because of two sporting events that just took place today:
1. My favorite NASCAR driver FINALLY won a race this season! After almost running out of gas, Dale Earnhardt Junior won a race under caution. His last pit stop was on lap 148- Ridiculous! Finally he does run out of gas AFTER the race! lol. Unofficially Dale is third in points only, 84 points behind Kyle (cough cough) Bush…
2. My favorite golfer, despite several set backs, clinched a play-off hole for the US Open, which will be played tomorrow.
So we still have two more exciting sporting events left:
1. the playoff hole tomorrow. Tiger is 13-0 one tourneys where he is leading after the third round, this is one of those tournaments, will Rocco Mediate break Tiger’s streak? Tiger is NOT playing at full capacity – did you see how slow he was today, injured, and all.
2.Tonight: Lakers v. Celtics for NBA championship. (Honestly, I am not a big fan or either team) but it is for the championship. It is game 5 of 7, Celtic need to win one of three…Lakers have to win ALL three.
I am also excited about one other unmentioned thing. 🙂
So recently that has been a lot of talk about installing instant replay in baseball, the great American sport!
Are you kidding me? that is ridiculous! Baseball is already slow enough! If you add in instant replay then it will take longer. Instant replay will also be a negative because fans will take over the game….if you give the fans a chance to scrutinize every single call, the games will take days.
The reason NFL replay works is b/c the game is so fast, no one has time to complain about the small little mistakes that take place and are okay. The fans only want to see that one or maybe two plays per game that will make or break the game.
In baseball, the game is SO SLOW that fans will scrutinize and challenge/review/ replay EVERY single error, call, mistake. Was he safe? was that a strike? Is that REALLY a foul ball, how did the empire miss that call REPLAY! REPLAY! REPLAY!
It will be TOO MUCH. Don’t do it! You will lose average fans like me.